Monday, November 22, 2010

giving thanks

As Thanksgiving approaches, I'm taking some time to ponder the things in life that I'm really thankful for. And I've been trying to see the good in negative situations.


I'm thankful that after six long months and a heck of a hard time getting a loan, the house of my dreams will finally be mine. I'm really looking forward to picking out paint colors and new flooring and making a trip to IKEA for curtains and furniture. Can't wait. <3


I'm really thankful for this guy, who is just the cutest little thing I ever did see. I'm really glad he's in my life. Alex. <3


Next, I'm thankful for God, and His epic sense of humor, which is both hilarious and frustrating. That's all I'm gunna say on that. <3     P.S. I love you, Big Guy. Let's be best friends forever.



I'm also thankful for the way my parents raised me- and this idea instilled in me of making the world a better place. A guy I know has been treating me really crappy lately. Everyone says I should do things to get even, but after thinking about it, I'm planing on doing the opposite. Next time I get a chance, I'm gunna go up to him and say, "Hey I noticed you've been in kind of a bad mood lately. Is everything OK? Is there something bothering you?" Cause come to think of it, I see this guy like every other day, and I haven't really asked how he's doing lately. Maybe something's just going on in his life that's made him stressed. Maybe he just needs a friend in this cruel world. Don't we all? Anyway, yeah. I'm thankful for the fact that I can see through the petty bullshit and do what's right. Sometimes. <3


I'm really thankful for my friends. Some people are in your life out of obligation, like certain family members of mine- these are not the people I'm referring to. I mean the people who are in your life by choice. When you get a text and see who it's from and smile. The people who post comments on your wall on facebook that just say things like, "Hey girlie! Just wanted to tell you I miss you!" The people who you worry about when they make poor choices. When someone tells you they saw something in a store the other day that reminded them of you. When you can tell someone they look like a turtle and no one's feelings get hurt. The people who you genuinely want to treat right because you don't want them to ever be unhappy- ever. To these people, I love you. I'm so glad you're on this earth with me. You are my friends and that means so much to me.


Finally, I'm thankful for MacGruber. Celery will never be the same.<3


What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a terrific post! I'm thankful for a touch of sunshine today and seeing fewer things to get rid of in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a wonderful post of gratitude!!!

    ReplyDelete