Monday, August 9, 2010

A fresh new notebook and an iPod full of K-POP

When I start something new, I like to have a clean slate. It gets me pumped for the journey ahead- especially when I know that journey won't always be easy. Like when I want to start running regularly, I go buy a new pair of running shoes, or when I start a big painting project, I might buy a nice new paintbrush. Lately, I've been interested in South Korean culture, since I discovered a new love  obsession for Korean pop music. I saw an ad for free online Korean language classes being offered here. Since they're free, I thought, hey, why not?? And I signed up. I know myself though, and I have a tendency to slack off, so to make it more fun, I went to Target and bought a new notebook *pure joy!!* and new pens, in awesome colors! *eee!*
The notebook is totally awesome. It's eco-friendly (recycled paper and banana fibers) and the pages have that cool unbleached feel, with little flecks on the natural fibers. I love it. The front and back covers have a pocket for all my print-outs. And at the top of every page, it has a little calender thing where you circle the month and the day. And did I mention the green OWL?! Love.

This is my favorite phrase. It's pronounced "sa-raung heyo" and it means I LOVE YOU. Pretty awesome, right? I wish I could be this motivated for actual school...

Today while laying out back and listening to Super Juniors's song, "Sorry Sorry," on my iPod, I noticed there were Korean characters in parentheses in the song title. I tried my hand at diciphering them.

"Sssss...aaah..r..eee..  .. .. ss-ah-r-eee.. .. sareee.. .. !! OH! SORRY SORRY!! I CAN READ KOREAN!" And I laughed hysterically and danced around my backyard in my bikini.

This is the video for the aforementioned song. :] Its pretty freakin awesome. For realz. Watch it.


And the have a version of the video that's just the dance. I am 100% going to do this with my bridal party at my wedding reception one day.. You know, instead of the Thriller Dance. <3

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that notebook. So cute! Now I want to go to Target. *sigh*

    Its so admirable that you're teaching yourself Korean. (I tried to teach myself Arabic once. I only gave up because of the writing.)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am in LOVE with that notebook. I am so sad that my "not buying anything new" challenge for the year means I can't buy it. I saw the small pack at Target, and it took all my powers to not buy it. Love the one with graph paper!

    xo,
    charmed earth

    www.charmed-earth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the owl, and hooray for your fun new language adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That notebook is simply adorable! I also love starting fresh and arming yourself for new endeavors! And any reason is a good reason to buy a new notebook :) Awesome that you are learining Korean! Go you!

    ReplyDelete