Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spread the Love Week - Day One

Day One of Spread the Love week was a success. (And yes, as you can tell by the picture, I'll be wearing love-themed clothes all week.. because I'm dorktastic like that.) ;)

When I opened my eyes this morning, first thing I thought was, "Wasn't there something I was supposed to do today..? .. .. OOH! Spread the Love!" So I hopped out of bed (around noon.. I LOVE summer) and started working away on making friendship bracelets to take to work.
 
Probably like 90% of my good friends are my co-workers. It makes it so much easier to go into work, knowing that you love all the people there like family.  After I got a little sun out back, I came in to make cookies. I found this recipe that looked pretty simple, with normal ingredients that I already had.

As it turns out, after I mixed the dry ingredients together, I plopped by butter in the bowl and went to put in the sugar. .. .. I WAS A CUP SHORT! AAAH! So I had to get in the car and drive to the store.. When I got back, I was finishing up the cookies and went to grab the last ingredient- vanilla. .. WE WERE OUT OF VANILLA!! WHO THE HECK RUNS OUT OF VANILLA?? Seriously though, you never use more than a spoonful at a time- a bottle last for like, years.. *uugh* (and I don't say these things in an angry tone- when things like this happen, I just throw my hands in the air and laugh) Aaanway, when the cookies were FINALLY done, I brought them to work to share with my lovely friends. And the cookies were delish, if I do say so myself. ;) Hard work and frustration paid off.

While I was at Hobby Lobby, dropping off my cookies and bracelets, I got a little something for my kitty cat. She loooves pom poms. She has about a million scattered around the house already, but she likes them best when they are fresh out of the package. (I know, I know, spoiled. and kind of weird. But hey, what can you do?) Normally, I wouldn't have gotten these for her, since she really doesn't need them, but I thought, "You know what, it's Spread the Love Week."

And check out this picture. Action shot. lol
Also while I was there, I got this little wallet card for my Ex. Him and I broke up a year ago, but we have a long history, so we stayed friends. And we are both much happier that way, just for the record. But I wanted him to know that I'm there for him, even though too often in his life, he feels like everybody is against him.
So that's it for day one. I wonder that tomorrow will bring. <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow, everything you did is super-inspiring! It definitely takes love to keep running to the grocery store to finish those cookies (and determination, too)! Such a great idea to wear love-themed outfits, too -- the way you're embracing this project is so fantastic! I'm giving a little shoutout to you in a blog post that's running later today.

    ReplyDelete