Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spread the Love Week- Day Two

Spread the Love Week has been a lot of fun so far. Last night I made these little cards to pass out. I wanted to spread the word about Spread the Love. If anyone would like to have these cards to pass out, email me and I will send you the PDF file. (angiemayhandmade [at] yahoo [dot] com)

Last night I had the idea to make little bracelets and stamp "I LOVE YOU" on them. (inspired by these wish ribbons) But instead I decided to make my own stamp. I had bought a stamping block and carving tool a while back for Elsie's Style School, but I never got around to using them. Well today I finally did. I think I can count this as something on my goals list, too.

It reads, "Serang heyo," my favorite Korean phrase. It means I love you, and it was the first thing i learned to say/read/write in Korean.
I made a bunch of ribbon bracelets. Aren't they cute? I made a trip to Jo Ann Fabrics today to pick up fabric paint, and while I was there, I saw this cute little egg whisk. My mom had mentioned she wanted to get a whisk, but she doesn't like to spend money, so she hasn't gotten one. At first I passed it up, thinking, "If she really wants it, she can buy it herself," and started walking on. Then I stopped dead in my tracks and remembered what this week is all about.
My mom's gunna have the cutest, happiest, most cheerfuly rainbow whisk ever. I hope she smiles every time she makes eggs. Oh, and after I checked out, I gave the cashier one of the cards I made, and told her about Spread the Love Week. Which was awkward for me cause I'm super shy. :] But I did it anyway. Is anyone else out there taking part in Spread the Love week? Let me know all about it!

Serang heyo. <3

2 comments:

  1. Aww... You're so cute and sweet. Your cards and bracelets are a great idea! Keep up the good work!

    *Have you ever taken printmaking in school? If not, I think you'd like it.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yet another inspiring spread the love post!!! I'm just loving reading about your adventure. Could I ask for the PDF of the cards? They're so fantastic -- I love your idea of "let's change the world in one week." That's so cool of you to be handing them out.

    Also, what a sweet surprise for your mom! I bet she'll be tickled!

    ReplyDelete