Saturday, September 4, 2010

illustration = love

I have a little crush on Arian's illustrations over at her blog Arian Armstong. (and her etsy shop, arian) So cute and stylized. I love everything about these.

I love illustration. So much. I'm actually going to school for fine art because someday I want to be a professional illustrator- but you may not know that. I don't draw nearly as much as I used to. Hardly ever, actually. And I don't talk about my future aspirations very much, as far as my career goes. Honestly I go with the whole, "wherever life take me" motto. But I got to thinking. Maybe I should get on that. Maybe I need to start thinking about my future. As an illustrator. I only have two more years in school. I need to start working now to be the best darn illustrator I can be. My little head is full of ideas, and I know I can bring them to reality. All it takes is a little motivation. I'm planning on breaking my "no spending any money" vow tomorrow to buy myself a nice wireless mouse. I have a Macbook, but using Adobe Illustrator would be so much easier with a mouse. But I see it as an investment in my future, rather than just something I want for the heck of it. I want to be an Illustrator someday. I'm starting now. <3

4 comments:

  1. I think the mouse really IS more of an investment instead of a "splurge". You shouldn't feel bad about spending money on that. ;) (I SO want to learn how to use Illustrator. Is it difficult??)

    I, also, LOVE Arian's work. I found her the other day on Etsy and fell in love. <3 That first picture of her's you have posted is the one that did me in! Such sweet work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to grad school for fine arts . . . I have an MFA in Creative Writing. I find it so hard to stay disciplined now that I'm out of school! Those prints are so cute, and how adorable would that middle one be as a wedding gift?

    ReplyDelete
  3. (sorry if this is a repeat -- my computer is acting weird)

    You're an illustrator too!? Talk about a multitalented lady! I hope you share some of your work with us over the course of the school year.

    Also, thanks for introducing me to Arian's work -- stopping by her shop now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! These prints are so cute! Good for your for starting now too!

    ReplyDelete