Friday, September 17, 2010

it's starting to make sense

I'm in my third drawing class at the University. I hope I don't jinx myself, but I have to say that this is the best one so far. The first two I HAAATED. Seriously, torture. Three and a half hours long. Cold. iPod-less. Silent. Tedious. Hell.

This one's long and cold and i-Podless and silent, too, but I don't hate it so much. <3 I feel like I'm learning and working towards a goal, so the tediousness goes away.


I won't get into a rant about the details,  but let's just say now I know why we spent so freaking long drawing boxes on tables in Drawing 1 and 2. The box and line weight concept are actually really helpful.

Little side note: Thursday we were sitting in the hall waiting for the door to be unlocked. A girl got up and accidentally knocked the fire exstinguisher off the wall. It hit the ground with a big bang. My teacher rushes out of the art office and says, "Vut vus dat?"  .. Oooh Russian accents. I wish I had one. Or should I say, "I vish I hod vun." :]

1 comment: