Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September Ramblings


On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I have an hour and a half long break between my classes. I've been spending that time sitting alone in the grass, either knitting, studying Korean, or doodling in my sketchbook. Probably my favorite time of the day. I'm a total introvert, like that.

 I have to admit, I cheated today. I bought something I didn't need. Candles. Up until just a few days ago, I was still clinging to summertime. But now I've accepted that it's fall and my beloved 90some degree heat is gone. It's cold. I love the beauties of fall, but I hate the cold. So I bought some candles to help get me into the autumn spirit. But in my defence, I really wanted to $14 pumpkin clove candle from Target. But I got the $2.47 votive 6-pack from Hob Lob. Godda save up my money for Korea! <3

 Just randomly, I wanted to share my favorite snack. Annie's Bunnie Graham Friends. They're cute, delicious, and they make a positive statement about racial equality. Kind of like Kashi's Good Friends Cereal.. *ahem* .. :]
A little thanks again to Jaymie, one of my Dear Darlings Penpals, for this awesome little owl necklace. Seriously. Love it. Mmm! Check out her blog! She has some really beautiful illustrations. (I'll be writing back to all of you soon.)

And just in case you need a reminder:

via We Heart It

I was planning on making a really awesome little fall decoration for my room today, but I ran out of time.. :-/ Maybe tomorrow?! Look forward to that. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I've always liked the idea of sitting on a college campus and just enjoying the sunshine, I don't know why. When I had long breaks at school a couple years ago I always did that, it helped the stress of the day melt away :) And that owl necklace is wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self-control is a good thing. Maybe you spent $2 on candles, but you DIDN'T spend $14! There are things you can do to splurge and make yourself a little happy each day without going overboard. Choices of "this" instead of "that". Good job.

    I feel the same way about fall, and wanting lots of candles around. Its still like 75-80 degrees here though. Kind of nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problems love :)
    glad you like it.
    aw those little bunny biscuits look so cute anomnom.
    It's getting really autumnal around here to eee love it.
    Jaymie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how sweet of Jaymie!!! Also, loving the way that you spend your breaks between classes -- by the end of the semester, you could have quite the new scarf collection or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace is so sweet! And your class breaks sound perfect. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete